DIY BOOK SAFE:
- Exacto Knife
- Mod Podge
- Sponge Brush
- Hot Glue
- Using a ruler or other straight edge, begin cutting out a rectangle shape using the exacto knife. As you get further along in the book, you will no longer need the straight edge. As you make it toward the end of the book, make sure not to cut through the back cover.
- When you are finished cutting through the book, go back and clean up the edges with a fresh exacto knife blade. This can be tedious but is well worth the effort for a nice looking book safe.
- While holding the pages of the book loosely together in your hand, use the sponge brush and Mod Podge to glue the pages together. Do it on ALL EDGES of the pages, including the inside walls.
- For extra security, go up all four inside corners with hot glue.
- Wipe away excess glue on inside and back covers of the book so that the pages do not stick and become ruined.
- Using hot glue, glue a piece of felt to the back cover and then to the last page of the book. The only way to “open” this book should be from the front cover.
- Double check for excess glue on the front page and inside cover and place the book under something heavy for it to dry.
- FINISHED! You can either sell it as is, or decorate it more on the inside cover.